Lightweight Mustang Race Column Now Available
Gain a weight-saving advantage with IDIDIT’s new Pro-Fab model for fast Fords.
Mustang racers can gain a weight-saving advantage with the new Pro-Fab Lightweight Steering Column for 2005-’14 Ford Mustang applications from IDIDIT Performance.
The ultra-lightweight race columns weigh as little as 3.85 pounds. When paired with an IDIDIT Performance quick-release steering hub and aftermarket lightweight steering wheel the 6.8 pound combination offers a 15.2 pound weight savings over the 22 pound factory column.
With the addition of this latest Pro Fab Mustang column, the line now includes columns for Mustangs from 79’-86’, 87’-93’ and 94’-04’.
Designed for drag, autocross, road course and off-road racing, the columns are direct factory replacements and bolt directly to the factory mounting points and factory steering shaft.
“The Pro-Fab column for 2005-’14 Mustangs is super-light and saves weight that has previously been untapped without the use of unattractive race-only options,” said Trever Cornwell of IDIDIT. “It bolts directly in place of the factory column using factory mounts, resulting in an extremely rigid steering shaft. The IDIDIT Performance Pro-Fab column has options that allow a stock appearance, as well as nearly a 20-pound weight reduction.”
Proudly made in America, the columns come equipped with an extended shaft that allows the installer to trim to fit and then pair the column with an IDIDIT Performance quick-release steering hub to adapt the column to the race car.
Features & benefits include:
• Direct bolt-in fitment requiring no modifications to the interior
• Precision laser-cut tubing and brackets for superior fit and finish
• Sealed upper ball bearing and Delrin lower bushing mean the column will operate smoothly after many years of abuse
• Ultra-lightweight aluminum tubing and brackets
• Customizable for driver fit
• Available in brushed aluminum finish
• Works well with any IDIDIT Performance quick-release steering hub with 3/4-inch smooth center (5-bolt 3/4" Smooth Kit P/N: 5010000015, 6-bolt 3/4" Smooth Kit P/N: 5010000018)
• Other accessories available include Ignition Clamp (P/N 2650000010) and Trim Clamp Ring (P/N 2650000110)
Options are also available to retain the factory keyed ignition switch on the column, as well as retain the column shroud to keep a stock appearance. IDIDIT Performance also makes aluminum mounts for aftermarket dashes from Racepak, AEM, FuelTech USA, Holley Performance Products and others.
For more information visit www.ididitinc.com.